Friday, May 27, 2011

Tenjin Inter Media Station

fuk587

The Inter Media Station building in Tenjin, Fukuoka, is not much to look at from the outside.

fuk591

But inside is another matter!!!!!

fuk589

Basically its another shopping and entertainment complex.

fuk594

I am not much of a shopper myself, in fact I loathe shopping. I would rather have sharp sticks poked in my eyes. But in Japan, perhaps more than most places, shopping and consumption are elevated to levels I would equate to religious.

fuk588

Which is why these kind of places seem to be Cathedrals of Consumption.

fuk597

The receptionists/information counter girls were something else too. With fake fur stoles and fake flowers in their hair are they the miko of a new religion?

1 comment:

  1. oh, love IMS. the help desk ladies' outfits change all the time, too. i wonder if they have to buy their own 'uniforms'.

    ReplyDelete