Friday, June 10, 2011

Infini Garden

fuk649

Infini garden is a 16 storey block of flats, or if you prefer american, apartment block, with 389 units.

In Japanese its called a Manshon, derived from the english word mansion, though it bears little resemblance to the english meaning.

fuk746

Built in 2008, its located on Island City, a man-made island in Hakata Bay, Fukuoka.

fuk650

Apartments are very popular in Japan, though I can think of nowhere worse to live.

I have asked friends who live in apartments in local towns where there are an abundance of big, empty, houses, why they dont choose a house, and most say that it is the wife who prefers the apartment as there is less housework and maintenance to do.

fuk651

Island City is part of a big urban renewal project for Fukuoka. As well as residential areas and a huge park there is a new container port and businesses with links to mainland Asia are encouraged to move here.

fuk653

2 comments:

  1. These are spectacular photos! I just love reading your blog. Thanks for showing me Japan through your eyes.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks

    very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a

    fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have

    learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon.

    Thanks you.




    Garden Apartments

    ReplyDelete