Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cherry Blossoms at Tamatsukuri Onsen



Now that several months have passed since the cherry blossom viewing season its time for me to post on the subject.


I am not a huge fan of Ohanami,.... seems to be more of a city thing. I like the mountainsides with their wild sakura as they appear and fade like slow motion fireworks. but the overkill of white that has mostly been planted in the modern, urban Japan don't do anything for me.


However, as I walked through Tamatsukuri Onsen on my way to the final temple on the Izumo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage, the river that runs through the town and down into lake Shinji was lined with cherry tree in full bloom.


It helped that there were no blue tarps under the trees filled with people drinking and eating....



2 comments:

  1. Cherry blossom's and the onslaught of their popularity can be tedious.Recall how the flower symbol was used in WW2 and the tediousness becomes just fine!
    Thanks for the beautiful images as all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like very much cherry blossom's!
    Thank you for these wonderful images

    ReplyDelete