Sunday, April 8, 2018

Tsukumi to Saiki, Day 16 on my walk around the Kyushu Pilgrimage


21st of March, 2013, the 16th day of my walk around Kyushu was a glorious day. Most of the day was along the coast with no big towns.


During the day I past dozens of small shrines to Ebisu,... not surprising with his association with fishing. Not sure what this shrine was on one of the small offshore islets.


Cherry blossom season was in full swing and there were many trees along the road, but I am more impressed with the mountainsides of Yamazakura.......


At Kamiura I stopped to photograph the meoto iwa..... the "married rocks". The most famous ones are up near Ise in Mie I believe but I've come across lots of others like here....


From the Saiki castle ruins there was a great view across the channel to Shikoku.....

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful... Thanks for sharing, Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will join Walk Japan's "Kunisaki Retreat" this November. Probably not very near your lovely photos and story here, however. Still, very encouraging. Thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete